Saturday 4 September 2010

Happy Friday….

LSNED2 
As I mentioned yesterday, I scribbled many things in my notebook through the day that I could use as ‘something learned’, but overall, I decided that the biggest lesson of the day was just how many things there are that make me smile!!

The sunshine, my boys all smart & ready for a new term, having the house to myself for a good part of the day, a trip to the hairdressers, an unexpected parcel in the post, a telephone call from my sister, spending the last hour before sunset in the village pub garden with Lee & sipping virtuously on diet Coke!

I am always big on counting blessings, I tend to be a glass-half-full kind of person, & yesterday I probably didn’t smile any more than usual, but because I was more ‘self aware’ it showed me just how good the day-to-day actually is!  

Among other things, this class gives you a reason to step back & take stock of what happens each day, instead of just working on auto-pilot. I’m sure before the month is through there’ll be the possibility of a down day to document, no-one ever knows what is around the corner, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it!!

So, here’s my page for what I learned on September 3rd…

Sept03The photo was one that Lee took while we were sitting in the pub garden & I decided to print it off in sepia as I knew I wanted to use this polka-dot paper & didn’t want too many colours on the page.

Out of the ‘Try Something New’  basket came ‘Create a background with three bold stripes of colour or pattern’, so that was where I started!!

I felt it needed the larger photo & apart from a couple of rub-ons & a few adhesive pearls, absolute minimum embellies!!

…& finally, something happened today that had me beaming too….Lee came home from a morning business call with a bouquet of roses for me!  Just look at these stunners…

2010Sept04 0102010Sept04 009
 

 

 

 

It’s our wedding anniversary on Monday & he just said “why wait till then?”  But will this be my inspiration for ‘what I learned on September 4th’?…or will I cheat (don’t worry, we have Shimelles permission!!) & save it for another day?

Well, you’ll have to wait to see tomorrow!!!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend! : )

7 comments:

Sian said...

I love the look of that bigger photo on the page Sandi. Your roses are beautiful - Happy Anniversary!

Denise said...

I love the look of that larger photo on the page too,and you are right about the fact that the class makes you sit back and think about what happend in the day- Happy Anniversary for tomorrow xx

Bernie said...

Gorgeous page - love that photo! - your hair looks lovely, LOL, and it sounds as though you have a darling DH!! Great theme for a page as well - great job!!
bernie x

scrappyjacky said...

Happy Anniversary,Sandi.....and what a great thing to learn!!
That photo just looks perfect on the page.

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHHHH this one is awesome....You are beautiful and I love that pic of you!!!! YOU DO LOOK SO HAPPY!!!

Happy Anniversary....what beautiful roses....somebody loves you lots!!!!!!!

Have a great one sweet friend!!!

humel said...

I saw this on the class forum and instantly loved it :-) You look gorgeous, so happy - and the way you've put this page together is *perfect* xx

Anonymous said...

Pretty picture! Nice page!