Tuesday 18 January 2022

January Week Two "Oh yes we did!"

We kicked this week off in style by attending the panto at the Gordon Craig theatre in Stevenage. Last years was cancelled so this year it felt especially good to be back!  This year it was the story of Aladdin & we were introduced to a new Dame, who did not disappoint! The dancers were amazing, the principle characters were in good voice, 'Wishy Washy' had us in stitches & Abanazar was the best Baddie I've seen!



I love this theatre, it is quite small & cosy, but it's productions are so professionally presented. Even sitting in the back row, you feel included & can clearly see even the most subtle facial expressions of those on stage.  We kept our masks on for the duration of the show...it still felt strange to be in close proximity to so many people at once!!




This week I also got to reunite with some Scrappy friends! Pre pandemic we met regularly in each others homes, or to attend workshops & crops, but it's now almost two years since we've done so! But this week we met up & enjoyed a day together. One of our trio is moving away, so getting together will prove more of a challenge, but she very generously gifted us with a selection of her crafting stash as she is using the move as an opportunity to declutter. We had great fun rummaging through papers, embellishments & gadgets before heading out for lunch....& on returning afterwards too!!



Finally, I did manage some crafty time this week, besides my Project Life layout of course!  I put together a 60th birthday card for the friend of a friend who loves anything 'Tiffany'...I used some licence free clipart images, printed & fussy cut, on an easel card, matted & layered with silver mirricard & a suitable patterned paper, then added plenty of bling & glossy accents. The sentiments were cut with Sue Wilson dies from Creative Expressions.




So, as we arrive at Mid January, I hope everyone is keeping warm & staying safe.

Thank you for stopping by & please do leave me a comment so I can drop by & visit your blog too

Sandi x 


1 comment:

debs14 said...

What a fabulous card! I'm sure she will be so touched that you have personalised it so well.
I'm pleased you got to go to the panto, but I can imagine that it felt very strange to be part of a crowd after such a long time. Let's hope that events like that continue to be able to perform from now on.