Monday 24 January 2022

January Week Three - 'Covid in the Robinson Household!!'

 

Our week started with a bang!...or should that be a Pop?!! Either way our old toaster tripped the fuses twice in a morning & it was decided that maybe it would be a good idea to buy a new toaster!

So we sallied forth on a toaster hunt (who knew there were so many to choose from?!) & finally decided on the DeLonghi, partly because it was less that half price in the sale, but also because it's look appealed to me! Can a toaster be considered pretty?


On Monday, Lee returned home from school, only shortly after having got there! Along with several other members of the teaching staff, he had tested positive for Covid 19. A prompt PCR test followed to confirm his result & his isolation began. He said he didn't feel unwell, just very tired, so I packed him off to bed, where Shadow took it upon herself to be his own personal Florence Nightingale,not leaving his side. I think she liked the fact of having cuddles on tap when she's usually home alone for much of the day!

The boys & I had to take a daily lateral flow test for seven days, all of which were negative, so I find myself glad that we are all triple jabbed & what was a very scary virus seems to have been tamed, for the moment anyway!

 



We installed our newly purchased bird feeder too this week, to compliment our array of hanging seed & fat-ball feeders which have proved very popular with the local bird population! 

It's designed to hold a jar of peanut butter & should attract smaller birds like robins, sparrows & tits. They seem a bit slow on the uptake so far, but I'm sure once they twig how delicious that mealworm enriched peanut butter is, they'll be on it in swarms!!


While I have not had any time in my craft room this week, household chores & nursing duties taking precedence, I did get some baking in!

I work with a lovely team & it's become something of a habit to bake for them for our Friday shift.

This week it was chocolate butterfly cakes, neatly transported into work in my new cake carrier...a very thoughtful Christmas gift from my sons girlfriend!


So that's it, another week done & 2022 well under way. Thanks for stopping by & I hope you'll come back next week too? Do leave me a comment so that I can drop by to visit you too!

Sandi x


1 comment:

debs14 said...

Oh no! Hope he is starting to feel better now. I feel like anyone working in a school is going to get it sometime or another so at least he’s got it out of the way! I didn’t catch it from my husband when he had it so I hope you keep well too.
Those cakes look lovely- what a lovely Friday routine you have!