Friday sees the deadline for Rinda’s ‘2012 Photo Scavenger Hunt’ & it’s been fun! Lee & the boys have become used to me producing ‘The List’ on all our days out over the summer & today I’ve completed the hunt! Yay!
A couple of items were a challenge & a couple have been ‘loosely’ interpreted, but I did it!! I had planned to post updates on 21st July & 21st August, but as you know I embarked upon projects that took priority over the summer & blogging went by the wayside! So here is a collage of my ‘finds’…
1. A pier….at Brighton…taken from the car on our way to friends in Hove!
2. A clothesline…Mine!
3. A border…mine again!!
4. A Roadside stand selling something…a local ‘layby grill’ which does the most amazing bacon sandwiches!
5. A train…The Javelin, on our way to the Olympic Park!
6. A historical landmark…The Houses of Parliament, taken from ‘over the river’ on a day visit to the capital.
7. A person playing a musical instrument…street performer in Bedford town centre, a fabulously talented drummer!
8. A person dressed as an angel, or a statue of an angel…this one was a challenge! In the end I settled on an angel decoration in a local interiors shop!
9. A fountain…easy! This is the wonderful example in Welwyn Garden City’s Parkway!
10. A horse…a wander down to the end of the village & I found these!
11. A shadow…I loved this one of a bench on Bedford’s riverside Embankment!
12. A maze, labyrinth or trail…this timber maze is a favourite of ours! Found in Bedford's Priory Park!
13. A library…The lower floor of Bedford's Town Centre Library!
14. A person playing with a ball…I felt like a private eye, sneaking photo’s (out of the car window!) of these guys kicking a football around in Bedford's Russell Park!!
15. Someone dancing…well, several someones dancing during the Paralympic Closing Ceremony, which we were lucky enough to attend!
16. A bride…another challenge!! But I found this lovely cake decoration made of fondant icing to fit the bill!
17. A church, chapel, cathedral, mosque or temple…I went with Bedford’s Queens Park Mosque!
18. A movie poster…In our local cinema advertising ‘Brave’, which was brilliant!
19. An outdoor stairway…not a very glamorous example, the fire escape at our local branch of Pizza Express!
20. A swing hanging from a tree (or a hammock)…these amazing swings hang from high up in the trees at Groombridge Place in Kent. On a family day out with friends, even we adults made good use of them!
21. Finally…A picture of you standing with something that symbolise your nation…well, for 2012 I think this counts! This is me on our way into the Olympic Athletics Stadium!
Thanks Rinda for such an enjoyable project & I’m just glad that I made the deadline! I have so enjoyed seeing other participants awesome finds on their blogs & ready the ‘back stories’ too!
Thanks to you too, blog friends, for stopping by…I’ll be back soon with an update of the past two weeks & a bit of creativity to share! I do hope you’re settling back into routine after the summer break & are enjoying the gorgeous Autumn sunshine! Come back soon!