Thursday 2 June 2011

School’s Out!!

That’s the name of the latest monthly kit from Dixie Pieces & I have to say this has to be my favourite kit EVER!! As soon as I opened that pizza box I was itching to get scrapping…so many possibilities!

1 June Kit DP

As the title suggests, there are items in the kit that are school related, such as the sheet of alpha’s & quotes from the ‘Elementary’ range by Simple Stories & the ‘Time Cards’, but the selection of PP’s is stunning & all double sided!! I love the chipboard alpha’s & buttons especially…all in all a FABULOUS kit!!

Here is what I did with mine…

2 Lego Friend 
Another of those long overdue to be scrapped photo’s! Nathan, aged two at Legoland…he kept going back to this little fella…I think he liked that he was the same size!!!

3 Missing U 

Here are those alpha’s…an idea borrowed from someone in Shimelle’s ‘Something From Almost Nothing’ class, a while back, but the idea stuck with me!! Another overdue photo of Father-In-Law, Murray, who sadly passed away four years ago & is missed so much by all of us, especially the boys.

4 Sun In Our Eyes
My first attempt at a ‘Shadowbox’ LO…inspired by one created by the lovely Jocelyn! I used a photo that was less than perfect, with us all squinting into the sunshine…it’s been one I’ve always liked but wished we’d not had our eyes closed!!..&  that is one of my June challenges over at Dixie Pieces….to embrace those flaws & scrap the moment…picture perfect or not!!!

5 So Smart!
There had to be at least one on a school theme!!! Fist day back at school last September & the first day having both boys back in the same school. They always look so smart heading off in their uniforms…but how long does it last?!!!

6 Birthday Card

 

 

 

 

 


7 For My Friend
Finally, two cards! I had fun using the Kaiser Craft grid stamp & the glossy accents to create the flowers centres over a punched circle (used a normal paper paunch…perfect!!)

 

 

So that’s it for today…I highly recommend that you get on over to Dixie Pieces & visit the gallery to see all of the DT creations with this fabulous kit……& grab one for yourself before they sell out!!!  There are some great challenges to take part in this month too,  so check those out while you’re there!!

 
Thanks so much for stopping by & those of you with kids at home this week, I hope you’re surviving!! At least the sun has decided to shine for a few days!!

I’ll be back soon with some more scrappy stuff & news of a blessing I received yesterday!! :)

4 comments:

Sian said...

I am constantly amazed by the beautiful different looks you produce from one kit! You excel at seeing the possibilites

scrappyjacky said...

So many great LOs....and cards too!!! You really have used this kit to its full potential....wonderful!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh my......you have outdone yourself my sweet friend....These LO's and cards are FABULOUS!!!

What a great kit and the colors are wonderful!!!

Oh to be able to create...but real life keeps getting in my way!!!!

Love ya girlie and thank you for all the support and love you send to me...it means so very much!!!

Have a great one!!!!

karen said...

I recognise that card!Lovely LOs as always.I remember you taking that school photo,can't believe how time has flown.