Friday 31 December 2010

Looking Back….& Moving Forward!

It’s New Years Eve & I’m in a reflective mood! It’s time to take stock of the year we’ll soon be leaving behind!…

I turned 50!! Not as scary as I’d thought…if anything, quite liberating!

IMG_2807-1[1] Chicago!…has to be up there as a BIG highlight of the year! A whole week spent in an awesome city with the great company of two like-minded friends!

London28
London...being privileged to have the use of a very salubrious flat in Belgravia for a week, something we hope to repeat in 2011!

canon&meresizeLI became the proud owner of a Canon DSLR camera AND a laptop! Talk about spoiled!!

Out for Publication Badge 1I’ve had a few of my LO’s published at  Practical Scrappers & one for Christmas in ‘Scrapbook News & Review’!!

SCREEN2SCRAP150BLINKIE 

I was invited to take up my first DT post at ‘From Screen 2 Scrap’…Thanks Shazza!!


I’ve enjoyed discovering new crops with old friends…& making new ones there!

And of course I’ve had the pleasure of visiting all of your blogs & enjoyed sharing all your stories, creativity & observations!

And moving forward…I’ve been inspired by everyone who took part in Ali Edwards ‘One Little Word’ this year & have chosen my word for 2011…

Balance!

I plan to apply this word to all areas of my life…

Between housework & time spent on-line/scrapping (guess which is the problem!)

Between food eaten & exercise taken! (so I won’t have to balance on one leg on the scales!)

Between money earned & money spent!

& the list will almost certainly grow as the year goes on!!

So…Thanks for stopping by & I hope you all enjoy your New Year Festivities, whatever you have planned!  I look forward to ‘seeing’ you all next year!

Blessings! Sandi  :)

6 comments:

karen said...

I had my word all chosen for weeks,but I started reconsidering tonight.
It was nearly changed to journey,but I think it's going to be STORY
Happy New Year

Jocelyn said...

Happy New Year sweet friend...My wish for you is a year filled with happiness, health and BALANCE!!!

I adore that word..hmmmmm...I really need to consider that one!!!

Love ya girlie and next time you are here in the States we have to meet to give one another a BIG HUG!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sian said...

Looking forward to a 2011 full of reading what you have been up to sandi - have a wonderful one!

Denise said...

Looking forward to visiting you lots in 2011,you have achieved lots in 2010! Happy New Year x

scrappyjacky said...

A great word to chose....looking forward to visiting your blog this year.

humel said...

What a lovely summary of your year, love how you've done this :-) Here's to a great 2011! xx