Friday 27 August 2010

It’s Countdown Time Again!…..

This time next week my boys will be back at school, although whoever thought that Friday was a good day to start a new term obviously thinks differently to me!!! My boys are diligently crossing off the days on the calendar & trying to cram as much into their last week of freedom as they can! While I’m scratching my head & wondering where the summer holidays went…the last five weeks have just evaporated without a trace!!!

Uniforms have been dug out of wardrobes…trousers checked for length ( Alex has grown a whole 2” since July!!)…shoes tried for fit & both boys need new!!  So once the Bank Holiday weekend is over we will be hitting Clarks to brave the rush, for school shoes & trainers for both ( Bye bye ££££’s)….New bags have already been bought, chosen for ‘coolness’ by them & practicality by us…we did manage a compromise after some serious haggling!  

In addition to all these back-to-school preparations, I also have a count down to something… the 1st of September see’s the start of Shimelles ‘Learn Something New Every Day’ class.

LSNED1
I signed up last year & even bought the gorgeous accompanying kit, but as things transpired I didn’t get to take part at all!! So everything has been pulled out, dusted off & is ready to roll for 2010! I am hoping to get all my prep done before everything kicks off so there will be no reason not to keep up!  Do pop over & check it out here….Shimelles classes are such great value & there is so much inspiration & so many new friends to be made in the forum!

Now, in my last post I mentioned that I had received a rather lovely parcel….what could it be? I hear you ask!!!! 

P1030822-2Well, it had winged its way to me from the lovely Sian, from ‘High In The Sky’ & was, of course, the first book chosen for ‘Pass The Book’. It came beautifully wrapped & inscribed, along with a gorgeous note card that just begs to be included in a LO….so I’ll probably include it in the LO planned to commemorate my time with this wonderful book!

P1040076Aptly titled ‘Where Women Create -book of inspiration’ it is a wonderful read, as much for the voyeuristic peek into the lifestyles of all the creative women featured, as for the actual creatively inspiring projects, hints, tips & anecdotes. I now have serious craft-space envy, but have managed to glean some useable ideas for implementing in my own humble craft space!!!


Thank you so much for sharing this book, Sian!  I will hang on to it for just a little longer, but will be offering it up for random selection & the next adoptee soon…keep watching this space!!

Thank you so much for stopping by & I hope all my UK visitors enjoy a wonderful (& hopefully dry & sunny!!) Bank Holiday weekend. Blessings to all!! : )

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I signed up last year as well...and never got it done...am at present pondering whether to try again this year!
And the book sounds wonderful.

Denise said...

Yep,I signed up too and didn't finish it.also I have given you 'Cherry On Top' blog award so go to my blog to pick it up xxx

Jocelyn said...

Oh it sounds like a busy time for the boys...getting ready to go back to school!!! The cost is unbelievable...Evan went today to meet his teacher and see his new class room...He looked terrified...broke my heart!!!

Love the idea with the book and I am off to check out the class....is it very difficult to keep up with? I signed up for a class to take an altered journal class with Marit in October.....maybe you could check that one out toooo!!!

Wishing you a great weekend...what is Bank Holiday Weekend...I so need to come and visit you!!!!

humel said...

Yes, my two start back next Friday too - I can see some advantages, but also it's a bit of a nuisance - especially as there's an INSET day on Thursday that I have to attend so I go back before they do!!

Enjoy your bank holiday weekend :-) See you next week in LSNED class! xx

debs14 said...

How can the summer holidays have flown by so fast! Wish I had grown 2" taller in the 6 weeks - I'd so love to be 5' 3". Trust me, it's not only the students who don't look forward to going back, every single member of staff I've bumped into in town this week has had the same look of 'Oh no, I've got to go back soon' on their faces. Fortunately, as a secretary, I don't have to go back until NEXT TUESDAY!!!! Happy days!

Sian said...

2 inches? Wow! Good luck with that shopping lol We measured our Al last week - and he is now officially a full foot taller than me.

I'm another one who signed up and didn't really take part last year - I'm hoping for a better record this time round.

I'm glad you are enjoying the book x