We awoke this morning to glorious sunshine & as it’s a Bank Holiday weekend, I had hoped that we would get out & about. While we drank a leisurely coffee, made & brought back to bed by my lovely hubby, he scrolled through a list of local events online…whatever did we do before i-phones?!!!
We selected one or two options & I jumped in the shower, while hubby went off to wake the boys & let them know our plans. This is where it all went pear-shaped!!!
The British weather sure knows how to play a game…I should have known that a Bank Holiday weekend could almost be guaranteed to be wet…& sure enough, before we’d even finished breakfast the sun had disappeared behind some very threatening clouds! We took the decision to take a literal rain check on the options for a day out…all had been outdoor events & why spend good money just to huddle under umbrella’s while standing ankle deep in mud?!!
There was one weather highlight though……
So what have I done with my day instead? Attempted to make a dent in the ironing? No…I’ve had a lovely time at my scrap desk, preparing my album cover & pages for ‘Learn Something New Every Day’…4 days & counting!!!
Tonight is the cut off for the latest challenge over at ‘These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things’…this time ‘My Favourite Day’ & coincidentally that would be today, or rather Saturday’s in general & here is my LO…
Apart from the occasional scrap related trip out for me, Saturdays are our family day…the day when we don’t have to watch the clock, but just enjoy the day & each others company. Sometimes we may have a day out planned, other times we are all at home, pottering around doing our own thing! But whatever we do, it’s the best day of the week!!
The rules say that I must say Thanks to the sender, post the award on my blog , tell you three things about myself & pass the award on to five more people. So, with the first two done, here are three bits of trivia about me…
1. I am completely deaf in my left ear. It was picked up at primary school but there was nothing to be done, so I just live with it. It is surprisingly common & I guess you don’t miss what you’ve never known!
2. I’m a closet Trekkie!!! In fact Nathan was nearly called Tiberius (which is what the ‘T’ in James T Kirk stands for)…it was all on the toss of a coin!! I was under the influence of Morphine, post C-section at the time, but it was a close call!!!
3. I am a huge Marilyn Monroe fan…she has fascinated me all my life. She died when I was three but her films have kept her legend alive & I now own many on VHS/DVD along with a small library’s worth of books…in fact my scrap room walls are adorned with my favourite Black & White shots of her… a true icon!
And a picture that I love….
This was taken on Fathers Day back in 2008 & was one of those photo’s that just turned out perfectly! We were in a timber maze in a local park & I was lucky to get them all to do want I wanted while I snapped away! I’ve scrapped it twice, once as part of a double LO with other photo’s taken that day, entitled ‘A-Maze-ing’ & on a one photo single LO called ‘My Guys’. How often do I manage to get all three of my guys in a photo together & all smiling?…very rarely!!!!
I just love it!!!
So, who am I going to pass this award on to? Well, I’ll choose from those Blogger chums who I don’t think have already received it from someone else & pass it onto…
1 . Karen…my good friend, scrap buddy & travel companion. Multi talented scrapper, photographer & anything else you care to mention!!! Do visit her blog ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’ for a chuckle & some inspiration!
2. Sian…at ‘High In The Sky’…another talented scrapper & amazing storyteller. Her blog should be syndicated, it’s such a delight to read!
5. Mary Lou, another stateside blogging chum who’s blog is just wonderful! She is currently preparing for her daughters wedding & sharing everything! Sigh!!
Do pop over & be inspired yourself at ‘House Of Whimsy’.
So that’s it for now, thanks for dropping by & come back soon!! : )