Monday 12 March 2012

Enforced Silence!

What a week & a bit it’s been!

Hubby had a birthday & treated himself to a new laptop. All well & good you might think, but with it came a ‘light bulb’ moment!! What if he used his old laptop to replace the stack of my desktop, thereby speeding up my internet connection. That led to using my old stack to update Nathans desktop computer too!

Who was I to argue? Faster internet was certainly worth a day off-line while all the re-programming took place….wasn’t it?!!

All went well until about 4pm on the Saturday when a communal cry of “Nooooo!! I’ve lost internet connection” came from various rooms in the house! Hubby inspected the ‘Live Box’ & made a phone call to the help desk, but to no avail….& we were without internet for a whole week!! Sad smile

It’s fixed now…phew! The boys were beginning to have withdrawal symptoms from X-Box Live deprivation!! I’m sorry to all of you who I’ve not been able to visit, email etc & I will endeavour to catch up asap!!

6 Lee Cake & CandlesAs mentioned, Lee had a birthday on 5th March & it was another time to play the cupcake game & restrict my pro-point intake!!!  It’s all worth it…I lost another 1 1/2lb this week!

Along with other gifts I gave him a guide book to Beijing & some Chinese currency in readiness for his trip in July!

We’ve been having fun with the ‘phrase book’ section of the guide!

7 Happy MailI also received some Australian Happy Mail from the Lovely Shazza over at ‘Soul Scrappers’.

During the recent ‘Sense-ational Summer’ contest I had won a few prizes & they all came in one package!

When I opened it up I had all these wonderful scrappy goodies…

 

8 Inside Happy Mail


…I’d actually forgotten about them, which made the surprise even more enjoyable! Thanks Shazza! It’s just great fun to play along anyway!


On the subject of Scrappiness…I have one LO to share! The lovely Julie Jeavons left me a comment & asked with a ‘pretty please’ if I’d play along with her recipe challenge, also over at ‘Soul Scrappers’…how could I refuse?!! Here’s my LO…

9 I know my place

You might recognise the photo from a previous post…Pikachu, making himself at home in the rubbish basket in my scrap room! he knows his place!!

I did have one fabulous surprise this week, which was perfectly timed by my sister, Rosemary.  The Accident Investigator had just left (here to record a ‘Statement of Truth’ in connection with the collision that took place in November…can you believe the old bat is still trying to claim Personal Injury for herself & her passenger after she drove into me while I was stationary?!!…but I digress!!) when the phone rang. 

10 Hotel in TurkeyIt was Ro to tell me that she was going to book a holiday for us & it was her treat! I had not expected to get any time in the sun this year, so it was a wonderful surprise!! We are going to Turkey (again!) but not our usual haunt of Olu Deniz, but Icmeler, a bit further west!  So, we’re off for a week on June 1st & I am so looking forward to it…I just hope my surgery is done & dusted before then so I can get the full benefit!!

11 pre-opWhich brings me to this Friday &   my trip to the hospital for a fresh ‘Pre-Op Assessment’…my GP is happy with my BP level now & I just hope that the pre-op unit finds nothing else to hold things up!

So…with faith in the power of positive thought, I ask you all kindly to send positive vibes my way this Friday & hopefully I’ll be given the OK & an early ‘Op’ date!! Many Thanks in anticipation!!!

Thanks for dropping by, I’ll get around to visit everyone soon! Meanwhile, have a great week & come back soon! Smile

6 comments:

Julie J said...

I've just opened my pack from Shazza - gorgeous goodies (does happy dance). And I have a similar problem with an accident. The taxi driver who pulled out of a side street into the side of me last March is still trying to claim against me - I go to court in Aug/Sep time. That's why insurance premiums are so high - lying so and sos!!!!!!!!
Gorgeous Lo with that circle of brads.

JulieJ said...

Oh - nearly forgot - sorry it's taking so long to send you your little something - I'm going through a hectic and not very organised phase!!!

Sian said...

I'm definitely sending you positive vibes and good luck wishes. I bet the thought of having it all done before you get to Turkey is really keeping you going now :)

Sandra said...

I'm sending positive thoughts your way, ooohhh I so hope it's all ok xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Positive thoughts on their way from me as well.
And don't we just rely on the internet these days!!!!

F.T said...

So beautiful stuff.

Plastic Card
Plastic Card Printing
Scratch Cards