Tuesday 18 January 2011

Good Day Sunshine…

What a difference a bit of sunshine makes!!  After all the dull, grey & very wet weather we’ve had recently it was so lovely to soak up some warmth today!

#12 Marmite Mug I came back from the morning school run, made myself a coffee in my lovely new mug (a late Christmas gift from a friend at work!) & settled onto the sofa to watch Sundays episode of ‘Larkrise to Candleford’!  The sun was streaming in through the French windows & as the programme came to an end I thought  ‘I really should be getting on with the housework!’…& did I?  Sorry Karen…but no I didn’t! 

 

I plugged in my laptop & spent a lovely couple of hours sitting in the sun, blog hopping & generally browsing! Absolute bliss!! I could have stayed there all day (I was definitely a cat in an earlier life!!) but my conscience pricked me at noon & I set about multitasking to cover my indulgent tracks & then headed off to Tesco!! Playing hooky never felt so good!!


#13 Shazza RAK When I got back I had another ray of sunshine waiting for me…an envelope from the lovely Shazza in Australia. I had completely forgotten that my DT LO for December over at ‘From Screen To Scrap’ had won the vote from my fellow DT members & there was a RAK on its way!! I am so looking forward to using these lovely felt frames, chip circles & gorgeous embellishments very soon!  Thanks Shazza!!

Don’t forget that you still have time to take part in January’s ‘9 to 5’ challenge over at ‘From Screen To Scrap’ there are some fabulous submissions coming in & some awesome prizes up for grabs too!

Finally for today, my weekly film review!!! We managed to see Jack Black in ‘Gullivers Travels 3D’ this week, before it came to a close!

Layout 1

It’s been out since Boxing Day & I’d heard mixed reviews from friends but wanted to judge it for myself. It has a great cast with Billy Connelly, James Corden, Catherine Tate among the support for Jack Black, so I had expected quite a lot from them. But they had disappointingly small parts! (ooh err missus!!) Jack Black was his usual highly entertaining self & the special effects were very good. All in all it lived up to a good interpretation of the old ‘Gulliver’ story I remember from childhood, but I won’t be rushing out to buy the DVD!!

I’m hoping for a some serious scrap time this evening as Tuesday nights are always ‘Boys Night’ on the TV! 

Thanks for dropping by & I wish you all a bit of sunshine in your life this week too!! : )  

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like a PERFECT day....oh to have sunshine streaming through the window!!!! So cold and dreary here!!!

What fun...to sit back and enjoy time with friends!!!!! The pic of the coffee just inspired me to brew a fresh cup for the afternoon!!!

What a fun package of scrap goodies!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!! Enjoy your Tuesday evening scrap time!!!

Thank you ever so much for the wonderful comments that you leave for me...they mean so much!!!

Love you sweet friend!!! We live way to far away!!!! :-(

debs14 said...

I am so pleased to hear that I am not the only one who is easily led astry when it comes to anything to avoid doing a bit of housework!

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like the perfect morning,Sandi.

Sandra said...

I have to agree with the above comment ... it really is the perfect way to spend the morning :)

Denise said...

Sounds perfect to me - so nice to see a bit of sun -hope you have a serious scrappy evening tonight x

karen said...

Get that bloody ironing done.......
Oh,coverting that Soft Spoken embellishment ,you know how I LOVE them.

humel said...

Sunshine? I remember sunshine.....

Can't imagine ever drinking from a Marmite mug though, bleh!

Congrats on your little 'win', the goodies look fab xx