I cannot believe that a whole week has passed since I last posted! We haven’t been far or done anything spectacular, but the days have been well filled with little spare time to surf the net or Blog-hop, so apologies if you thought I’d gone AWOL!!
I’ve been managing to get to the gym as usual this week & have completed 40 lengths of the pool each time…but was disappointed at weigh in this morning to have maintained! But I’ve had a week like that before, with no apparent reason & the following week showed a good loss, so I won’t be falling off the wagon just yet!!
We did go, as a family, to see the movie remake of ‘The A-Team’ last Friday. As a fan of the original series in the 80’s, I have been quite happy for me boys to watch the re-runs on Sky, as, although there is a lot of fighting & explosions, no-one is ever seen to be killed!!
The new movie is true to that…even though you know that no-one would survive the kind of bedlam portrayed, you just don’t see bodies or body parts!! A terrific plot, great special effects & I embarrassed my boys more than once by laughing out loud at ‘Mad Murdoch’s antics!!
We rehashed the film over a meal at Pizza Hut & I am proud to say that I stuck to my daily points allowance & still managed to enjoy a very tasty Chicken Arrabiata, followed by an equally delicious (mini) slice of cheesecake & coffee!!
You may have noticed my countdown ticker in the sidebar…the big FIVE-0 looms ever closer!! My (older) sister sent me an email this week, which I think she took great delight in!! It consisted of the following list, which I just had to share with you! They all made me giggle, but #17 just made me laugh out loud!!
The perks of reaching 50
1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
2. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first
3. No one expects you to run--anywhere.
4. People call at 9 PM and ask,"did I wake you?"
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now won't wear out.
8. You can eat supper at 4 PM.
9. You can live without sex but not your glasses.
10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
13. You sing along with elevator music.
14. Your eyes won't get much worse.
15. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
19. You can't remember who sent you this list.
20....And you notice these are all in Big Print for your convenience.
I have nothing scrappy to add this time around…& in all likeliness, won’t be scrapping much over the coming week! We have a three day visit to London planned to celebrate my 50th &, of course, Alex’s 14th birthday, so preparations are afoot, booking restaurants, excursions & planning what needs to be taken with us!
I’m away to my bed now, Hubby is already there, having endured rather nasty root canal surgery this morning. He’s dosed up with pain relief & is hoping for a good nights sleep!
Thanks for stopping by…I hope you are all surviving the school holidays thus far!! I hope to be back before another week has passed!! : )