Tuesday 13 July 2010

A Happy Monday, a movie & My Favourite Store!!

We had visitors yesterday! A friend of my Husband, who now lives in Thailand, brought his wife & little boy to ‘meet the Robinsons’!

Simon & Lee have known each other for 25 years, since they both worked for the same company after leaving college. They actually only worked in the same office for a few months, but they obviously bonded, because in spite of never living in close proximity, they have always kept in touch & got together as often as possible. bennets
Simon married the lovely Joy three years ago & on this visit to the UK they brought along the new addition to the family, Sam…sam

…who is a gorgeous little boy & I spent a very happy evening being reminded of all those things that my boys used to do…how time flies & how important is it to document all those things through scrapbooking!

13july2010 045  

Both of my boys, but Nathan in particular, enjoyed playing with Sam. He even commented how he would like to have a baby brother or sister!! Well…Nathan…all I can say is…Don’t hold your breath!!!!

c2

 

 



On Sunday evening I went to see ‘Eclipse’ & it did not disappoint!

Personally I don’t know why Bella is finding it hard to choose between Edward & Jacob!! Jacob wins hands down in my humble opinion!!!  But then I guess i would be a very short story if it was that simple!!!

Finally, I’m just scraping in for the deadline of the current challenge over at ‘These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things’…My Favourite Store. I had to think about this…I love shopping & visit numerous stores, but I decided that the one store where I can buy a wide variety of items & always at a saving had to be the winner, so T.K.Maxx it is!!!

13july2010 049I have taken inspiration from Shimelle’s Prompt 5 for the LYPLYP class…all about ‘keeping it simple’. I did twitch a bit, wanting to throw some more embellishments at it, but resisted bravely!! I guess it says all that it needs to say!!

So, I’m off to play catch up with the forum & prompts over at LYPLYP ! I have declared today a housework free zone & apart from the school run, will be at my scrap desk till teatime!!!

Thanks for dropping by!!

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Great choice of store.....finally we are having one open near us!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I love love love love the photos Sandi and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that you saw Eclipse.....but most of all..I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your LO!!!! I love love love the hearts...and we have a TJ MAXX here...wonder if they are associated!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us!!! YOU ROCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sian said...

Yup, TK Maxx is a really big favourite of mine too. You managed to keep it simple very cleverly :)

humel said...

lol! Love your simple layout, love your photos, but most of all, love your declaration of a housework free zone. Me too!!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Sandi,
What a cute little visitor you had come to your home. I think it's so sweet that your Nathan took such an interest in little Sam. I had to LOL when I read, "Don't hold your breath." Hee-hee!
Adorable layout here and I love the old typewriter font you used!!!
Take care,
Mary Lou

Denise said...

Housework free zone sounds perfect to me, love the layout - and I agree with you about Bella's choice too x