Friday 2 April 2010

Time for a lift!…

We are on the home straight over at Shimelle’s ‘Something From {Almost} Nothing’ & yesterday, alongside prompt 9 - Chipboard, Shimelle posted THREE, yes THREE, challenges…the first of which was to choose a LO from the forum & scrap lift it, as much or as little as you want & in the spirit of the class, bust as much stash as possible!C_Life%20page%202006small

Now the toughest part of this was actually choosing which one to lift! As we’ve gone along there have been so many that I’ve ooohd & aaahd over, but I opted for this one by louizabelle, completed for her Celebrate Life album & for the ribbon prompt.

I loved how the photo was the main part of the LO & how the ribbon was used, the journaling strips & butterflies &…well all of it just worked so well!!!

So, I then had to decide…did I use the same 6x12 format?…In the end I chose to go with my preferred 12x12! Then the colour scheme came about because the only piece of ribbon I had that was long enough was a cerise pink grosgrain that had been in a kit I bought eons ago!!2April2010 016

The photo is of Alex & I, taken in Turkey two years ago. We had literally just arrived at the Lykia World resort & were checking out the facilities. The resort is HUGE! The kids area alone had eight pools, loads of water slides, five different playgrounds with so many different climbing frames, tunnels, swings etc etc. In the photo we were discovering all the hidden delights of the ‘Pirate’ zone which included this very wobbly rope bridge! 

I did indeed manage to bust some stash, but what was most gratifying was using up that little piece of green ric-rac, one of the semi-transparent journaling blocks & the butterflies, which I punched at a crop months ago & had kept…they were in an orange PP, so I painted & inked them to tie in with this LO!  Oh & I got to use my sewing machine for a second time this week!!

The deadline for all three challenges is Monday evening, so I’m off now to start work on #2 & to check & see if the promised prompt 10 – transparencies, has been posted yet. Shimelle had also said that there would be some more surprises to come…so I can’t wait to find out what they might be!

I hope you’re all enjoying your Easter weekend! Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: